Manhattan Borough NYC Cosmetic Veneers
NYC Center for Dental Implants is the place to contact if you are looking to get cosmetic veneers for your teeth in the Manhattan Borough NYC area. Our dental team works with patients to achieve the most aesthetically pleasing smile possible through a variety of different techniques, and veneers are a very popular choice.
A veneer is simply a layer that is placed over an existing tooth and bonded to it permanently to improve its appearance. Veneers can be used to cover imperfections such as marks on teeth or stains, or simply to provide a smile makeover. We utilize them for many of our patients and the results can truly be amazing.
Purpose of veneers
There is a wide range of reasons patients come to us for veneers. Nearly all of them are to correct some feature of their smile that they are unhappy with. Some of these include:
- Fixing a chip: Depending on the severity of the chip in a tooth, it can sometimes be fixed by placing a veneer.
- Addressing discoloration: Over time teeth can become less white due to aging. Teeth can also acquire stains from tobacco, coffee, wine, and other day-to-day substances.
- Changing the size of teeth: Uneven or oddly shaped teeth can be fixed with veneers to improve the appearance and “match” teeth up a lot better.
- Addressing excessive wear: Teeth can suffer from wear, making the surface angled or even shorter. Veneers can fix this issue.
- Fixing gaps between teeth: Veneers provide a great solution for spaces between teeth, so long as they aren’t too large. Many people request them to tighten these areas up so they have a better smile.
As you can see above, veneers are very versatile and can be used to do many different types of cosmetic fixes. If you think this type of dental work may be a good option for your needs, please don’t hesitate to contact our office for a consultation.
The veneer process
Since veneers are placed directly over your existing tooth, they don’t require an extensive amount of preparation. A small amount of enamel will be removed off a little bit of your enamel—roughly the same size as the veneer that will be replacing it. The dentist will then make an impression of the tooth or teeth and send that out for the veneer to be made by a dental lab. Once it returns, the surface of your tooth will be prepped to receive it and the veneer will be put into place.
A bonding agent is used to permanently affix the veneer to your tooth. Once that is finished, the tooth will be cured to solidify everything, and the procedure is finished!
If you are interested in learning more about dental veneers, NYC Center for Dental Implants will create a customized treatment plan for you. Our dentists and dental assistants spend time with our patients to understand patient needs and provide education on options.
Contact us for a consultation and treatment plan for you veneer options.